Thermal Transfer Overprinting & Coding (TTO)
We can provide the TTO printer and ribbon combination that is unbeatable in terms of reliability, performance and features that contribute to your overall requirement.
TTO coders can print variable data, bar codes and images at 300dpi quality onto packaging material, for a wide range of manufacturing and packaging applications, in the food, pharmaceutical and industrial sectors.
With the wide variety of printhead options available, these printers will meet most coding requirements and allow for effortless, intuitive operation.
Thermal transfer is based on placing a thermal transfer ribbon between a heated printhead and the substrate to be marked. The heat passes through the ribbon and releases the ink, which adheres to the substrate and cools rapidly, resulting in permanent print.
The key advantages of thermal transfer printing technology is its programmability, print area, quality of print and availability of ribbon colours. It is perfect for printing graphics, simple batch codes and date codes.
When coupled with one of our automatic offline feeding systems a TTO printer is ideal for:
- Product identification of Tyvek® medical pouches.
- Date coding of food sleeves.
- Printing of ingredients on food pouches.
- Printing of product descriptions and graphics on industrial blister cards.
- First-class print quality of text, barcodes and graphics.
- Choice of font styles and sizes at the touch of a button.
- Large print area, allowing pack coding and marking in the same operation.
- Prints on a wide variety of packaging materials.
- Clean technology that can be used in all production environments.